2011 Summer Road Trip - Day 22

Thursday, June 16, 2011
On the road again, I just can't wait to get on the road again, the life I love is making music with my friends, and I can't wait to get on the road again!  On the road again, going places that I've never been, seeing things that I may never see again, I can't wait to get on the road again!   Willie Nelson

Today we headed down to Hattiesburg, Mississippi.  This should be the longest travel day of this part of our summer trip.   I am quite sure that after seven hours in the car my kids will be DONE.  We're going down south to visit Queenie, Papa and Uncle Luke.  Queenie (Linda) is my godmother, and god-grandmother to my children.  I have known her since I was born, and she is like a second mother to me.

We got started a little later than I wanted to start, but we did make pretty good time.  We rolled through Memphis, then on to Jackson, Mississippi.



About seven hours after we left we were at Queenie's house!  She made an incredible crab bisque for supper.  My kids LOVED it!  I was so surprised!  Katie got to go for a walk with Uncle Luke, Reese got to snuggle with Papa Nort, and I got to spend some time talking with Queenie!  It was a good visit, although WAY too short!  Hopefully we will get to stay longer next time...

MILES TRAVELED TODAY: 410
HOURS IN THE CAR: 7

0 comments: