Reese turns FIVE... Well, almost...

Sunday, June 12, 2011
Mama's birthday girl!

The month of June started with a plea from my kids' Aunt Allison...  "Please have a birthday party for Reese at HOME this year!!!"  You see, we are always on the road when Reese's birthday rolls around.  Every... Single... Year...   Since my doctor's visit required that we be home on June 9th we decided to stay home through the weekend so we could have a big blowout party for Reese's 5th birthday.  I was so happy we did because it was a great party, and I had one happy little girl!

Reese picked an ice cream theme, and then the ball started rolling!  My friend, Ellie, and I worked all week to get this party into tip top shape.  My daddy made a canopy stand for me, Ellie scooped mountains of ice cream, I taped labels on water bottles, David built a sandbox.  It was definitely a team effort, and I cannot begin to thank everyone enough for their help. 

One of our first projects was making the cake.  I haven't made a cake in YEARS.  I made one for Katie's first birthday party and swore I would never bake again.  It was that hard for me!  Well, Reese really wanted a rainbow cake, so I decided to try my hand at baking again.  I would never have worked up the nerve to attempt it, but Ellie encouraged me and basically did most of the cake for me.  That's why it came out so great!  Thanks Ellie!  You're a rockstar!!! 


We also set up a sundae bar so the guests could add their own toppings to their ice cream.  We had cherries, pineapple, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, coconut, a million sprinkles, whipped cream, you name it!  If it is good on ice cream, we probably had it!  As I said before, my daddy made a canopy stand for me, so we used an old tablecloth and made the cutest little 'ice cream stand' type canopy.  We set up two tables at each end of the toppings table.  One was for lemonade and water, and the other was for cones and the ice cream!



TIP: Scoop ice cream into cupcake liners before the party
and put them in the deep freeze.  Voila!  Self serve ice cream!

After we ate ice cream and before we had cake we played a few outdoor games and let the kids play on the trampoline and in the sandbox.  We played "Stomp the Balloon", and Nathan was our big winner.  He was so proud of himself, and I managed to catch a great picture of him!


David did a great job building the sandbox!


Alyssa Reese and her good friend, Alyssa!

The fun and games outdoors slowed down a bit, so we went inside to have birthday cake and let our big girl open gifts.  She was so excited to have her friends there to celebrate with her, and was doubly excited when we cut the cake and it was the EXACT cake she picked out.  I was so happy that she was just thrilled!




When Reese started opening gifts it was obvious that her friends and family knew her well!  She got TONS of the character cars from the 'Cars' movie by Disney.  That was exactly what she wanted!


Overall we had a wonderful day and Reese felt very loved.  We are all so blessed to have such good friends and such an awesome family!

0 comments: