Sunday, July 25, 2010
I think I must be a control freak. David is trying so hard to be helpful by packing a hospital bag for me, but it's driving me crazy! He and I are polar opposites when it comes to, well, pretty much everything! I have a certain way that I pack my bags, clean the house, clothe the kids... He has a certain way that he does things, too, but they're just different than my ways. Why can't I just let it go?

David is leaving to go back to work in Albany before the sun comes up tomorrow. I have a doctor's appointment at 1pm tomorrow, and I secretly wish he could just blow off work and come with me. I know that's not an option, but I'm a little scared of what the doctor is going to say. What if I have to be admitted to the hospital to control these contractions? I would love to think that nothing has happened since my doctor's visit last Thursday, but I'm not really optimistic. I've had a LOT of contractions since then!

On a positive note, my friend Rhonda came to see me yesterday. It was so nice to see a new face! I can tell already that this bed rest thing is for the birds! One thing that has helped has been listening to my Hypnobabies scripts. I hope I have time to finish the course before I go into active labor! I am on week one right now, but I did manage to find an accelerated schedule for women who order the course too late to do the whole schedule. I think I'll try that. So far I have loved listening to the scripts! They are so relaxing that I just cannot stay awake! The website says that they work even if you're sleeping. Let's hope so!

0 comments: