2010 Summer Road Trip - Day 43 & 44

Friday, July 9, 2010
We left Meridian for New Orleans early this afternoon. We had a bit of a humorous start to the day, though. When I went out to start loading up the car I realized that Katie had stuck her bubble game all over the back passenger door of my car. This, coupled with the 100 degree plus temperatures made quite a mess. I told her to go out and clean it up, only to be met with a screaming, crying fit. Since she was not willing to be reasonable, I took off my flip-flop and promptly swatted her butt a couple of times. She screamed like I'd killed her. I looked up and my cousin, Chris, was running up the driveway. Apparently he'd heard all of Katie's screaming and thought we'd run over her with the car or something. Scared him half to death! When he figured out what had happened he just told her that she'd better listen to her mama!



After the drama of the gum encrusted door, the day was pretty smooth. We went to New Orleans to pick David up at the airport. After we got him, we headed to Hammond to see our friends Mikel and Serena M. They used to live in Searcy, but moved down to Hammond in February of this year. We have missed them terribly, and were excited to see them!

When we got to their house the kids were SO excited! We used to play with A & A, their kids, all the time. They immediately went outside to play on the cars.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket



Saturday we decided to take the M family to meet our friends, John and Wendra. John's family has a farm about twenty minutes north of Hammond, and they were planning to cook a big lunch and just hang out that afternoon. We loaded up all the kids and went up there to see them. It was such an awesome, laid back day! We all ate really good, and got to see Wendra and John's daughter, Willa, and John's parents, too. We let the kids play outside in the rain, and Wendra took them and let them pick blueberries. They just loved that!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket



After spending the whole day out at the farm, we headed back to Hammond. We went out to dinner that night at Don's Seafood. Yummy! I had the crabmeat au gratin. It's my favorite, and one of the few things I miss about living in Louisiana!

Photobucket

0 comments: