The Turner Christmas party - Park City, UT

Monday, December 3, 2007
Well, the time is here for our first Christmas party of the season! I can't wait, it should be a lot of fun. This year David's employer is flying us to Park City, Utah, for the party.

I flew into Salt Lake City on Thursday night so that I could be there in time for the party on Friday night. For some reason, there isn't a decent flight out of Little Rock headed to SLC until late in the evening. I met David at the airport and we headed out to our hotel. I was starving, so soon after we dropped off our bags I was ready to go. We walked to a nearby restaurant and had a mediocre meal. I wanted to go to 'The Melting Pot' in SLC, but David wasn't interested. Bummer...

Saturday morning we headed out to our hotel in Park City. It was called the Hotel Park City, and it was FABULOUS! The bellman took our bags and we went inside to see the hotel. The first thing I noticed when we walked in was the massive rock fireplace in the lobby. It was amazing. There was also a huge picture window looking out on the area behind the hotel. It was beautiful.

Our rooms weren't ready yet, so we decided to go downtown for lunch with some of David's fellow employees. We ate at a little cafe. Everything was great there, but the best was coming! By the time we left the restaurant it was snowing like crazy! Living in Arkansas we don't see much snow, and we never see snow like this! Some of the flakes were the size of a silver dollar pancake. It was great! The sidewalks soon became slippery, but we decided to shop a little anyway. After David and I walked the length of Main street we were cold and ready to go back to the hotel. The hotel shuttle picked us up and carried us back to the warmth of the lobby. Our room was ready, to we went ahead and checked in.

Let's see, what can I say about the rooms!?! I have never stayed in a nicer place. There was a fireplace in our living room, a balcony that overlooked the (heated) pool, a big whirlpool bathtub and a separate shower. Everything was gorgeous. Our bed was set up so that we dould see the view lying down. We also had a microwave, a fridge, a DVD player, a dishwasher, a washer, a dryer and a small stove. It was so nice to go home with a suitcase full of clean clothes after our weekend away!

The company Christmas party was fun. The drinks were free and there were tons of people taking full advantage of that! David and I lasted until about 11pm, then we decided to turn in for the night. We're just not the party animals that we used to be. I guess we're getting old!

Saturday turned out to be a pretty sorry day. David woke up with some kind of stomach flu, so we didn't do anything. I did go to the spa and get a hot stone massage. It felt good, but I have yet to find a massage therapist as good as the one here in Searcy. She's amazing, and she's ruined me for everyone else! I was disappointed to spend over $100 (almost $200) on a massage that didn't loosen me up. Oh well, another lesson learned!

We did make it out to the Blind Dog Grill for sushi and seafood at dinner time. I guess that was the real highlight of our day...

Sunday morning we had to catch our shuttle at 7am to go to the airport, so we were up early. The flight home was uneventful, and we were glad to see the girls after a weekend away.

Here are some pics of the Hotel Park City.



David in front of the hotel.


The Christmas tree behind the hotel.


The view from our balcony.



The kitchen in our suite.



The fireplace in our suite.

0 comments: