Goodbye, Miss Kitty

Monday, April 23, 2007


It's been a sad weekend for me... My old cat, Miss Kitty, has been with me for about eleven years now. She's been sick for a while now, but has chugged right along with life and seemed to feel OK and be happy. Well, on Friday I noticed that she was stumbling a little when she walked. By Saturday she was barely walking at all. Saturday night she came and got in bed with us. By Sunday morning she was just still. She was still breathing, but she didn't move at all. I cuddled her and talked to her for a long time on Sunday, and she finally died Sunday night. I am so sad! I know that my loss seems so trivial compared to what the people in Virginia have gone through this week, but I am still sad.

Miss Kitty has been with me longer than my husband or either of my kids. She lived with me in Monroe, AR; Marianna, AR; Fayetteville, AR; Springdale, AR; Lafayette, LA; Blacksburg, VA and Searcy, AR. She has been through a lot with me, and always seemed to know when I was sad or down. I can remember her coming to curl up around my head more than once when I went to bed and cried from a rough day. She brought me a lot of comfort, especially before David and the kids were around.
I'll sure miss her.....

0 comments: