2011 Summer Road Trip - Day 2

Saturday, May 28, 2011
Today was a really busy day!  We got up and I went to see my friend, Karen, who recently had surgery.  I didn't stay long, but I was really glad to see her.  She looked great and seemed to be recovering well.  After seeing Karen, the whole family, minus Katie, met my old friend, Amy, for lunch.  I hadn't seen Amy in over seven years, so it was good to catch up!

We had intended to be at Rhonda's house to help prepare for the party by 2pm, but the fates conspired against us and we didn't make it until 4pm.  We had a little snafu at the pharmacy.  I won't go into details, but they were considering not refilling my antidepressants.  NOT A GOOD IDEA!  In the end we got them refilled, but it took a lot longer than I thought it would!

After picking Katie up from Grandma's house, we headed out to Rhonda's.  We hung out and chatted, and thoroughly enjoyed the party!  I am SO happy to see her married to such a great man.  They seem to really love one another, and that makes my heart smile!

Since we wanted to get on out to Bart and Melody's house in Kansas, we went to Tulsa after the party.  We found an amazing Groupon for the Hyatt Regency, so we snatched it up!  After we got there I was surprised by the clientele at the hotel.  The entryway was lined with kids (ages 15-21) dressed like thugs and prostitutes.  They were mostly polite, but having to run the gauntlet to get to the front desk was a little unnerving.  Fortunately, the room was pretty clean and we all slept OK.

Today's mileage : 135 miles
Total trip mileage:  368 miles

0 comments: