We have NEWS!

Thursday, February 4, 2010
January is turning out to be a BIG month in the Cooan household! We found out just a few days ago that we will be welcoming a new little Cooan into the world around September 17th. We are so excited! We've been trying to get pregnant for about 15 months now, so this was a welcome surprise! I had issued the ultimatum that December was the LAST month I was willing to be off my migraine meds because I've been just miserable with the headaches. Well, I guess I'll be off them at least another year or so, but at least I have something to look forward to!

Katie was actually the first person to notice the positive pregnancy test. I started testing at ten days past ovulation, which is really pretty early, so I definitely didn't expect to get a positive. I took the test and laid it on the counter to look at later, but she walked in and said, "Mama, are there supposed to be two lines?". I almost died! The line was so light I couldn't get a good picture, but the one that I took the next day was obviously postitive. It's even a little more noticible in the tweaked picture.

Photobucket Photobucket


The lines got darker as the days went on, and I went to the doctor for a test in mid January. Of course, his test was positive, too, so looks like we're good to go! Bring on the nausea, gas, cramps, weariness, sleeplessness, food aversions and the extra sensitive nose. I hope David is ready for this again!!!

0 comments: