Road Trip Day #21 - #24 of 26

Monday, July 6, 2009
Tuesday finally came, and at the end of the day we had to take the Smith family back to Savannah so that they could catch their plane early the next morning. After dinner we dropped Angela and Grant off at the hotel in Savannah, but managed to talk Raleigh Jo into staying with us the rest of the week and riding home with the kids and me. I was so excited! I knew she'd be a lot of help with the kids, and let me tell you, that girl is crazy! I had so much fun with her! She cracks me up!

We were beach bums the rest of the week, then on Friday, July 3rd, David's brother, Michael, came up to see us and stay the weekend. We had dinner at the hotel and waited for him to get there, then pretty much crashed for the night soon after he arrived. All was well until David and Michael fell asleep. Then the snoring symphony began! I tossed and turned until about 6am, then I picked up my pillow, grabbed some cushions off of one of the chairs and went to sleep on the balcony! I got a couple of pictures of the sunrise, but that was the highlight of my two hour nap. We were up and at 'em early that day!


We celebrated Independence Day after another day basking on the beach. We couldn't decided where to go for fireworks, so we decided we would walk down the beach to a show that turned out to be a lot further away than we expected. We walked a LONG way down the beach, but never made it to the show. Katie was SO mad! At first she was hurrying us along thinking we could make it if we rushed. We managed to lose Michael, David and Reese in our rush. They told us they would just catch up. That never happened because Reese, who was riding on David's shoulders, promptly fell asleep on top of his head and was too heavy to carry. Raleigh Jo, Katie and I took off at a very fast pace trying to make it to the end of the beach where the fireworks were being shot off. Needless to say, we didn't make it before the show, and Katie was whining and crying before we got halfway there. We decided to just stop and watch from afar, and Katie was mad about that, too. She didn't want to walk, she didn't want to sit, and even breathing was a reason to complain by then. Raleigh Jo and I started singing show tunes just to drown out the complaining, and that really ticked her off! All in all, Independence Day was a loser for Katie, but I got some cool pictures of the family and the moon beams on the ocean!






We eventually made it back to the hotel, and since the snoring symphony was sure to start as soon as the lights went out, Raleigh Jo and I decided to pull our mattress out on the balcony and spend our last night on the beach out there. It was wonderful! We could hear the waves, and the breeze was cool. There were a few kids still popping firecrackers at 2am, but overall it was great! The sun woke us up the next morning, but we needed to get moving anyway, so we could start the long journey home.

0 comments: