Thanksgiving at OUR house!

Sunday, November 25, 2007
Well, for the second time in a row we have hosted our HUGE family Thanksgiving dinner. I just love it! Finally a party I can call my own and plan MY way! We usually have almost all of the family here. How many of us? Let's count:

Me
David
Katie
Reese
Nana (my mom)
Papaw Gary (my daddy)
Alyssa (my sister)
Chris (Alyssa's boyfriend)
Jason (my brother)
Allison (Jason's wife)
Caleb(nephew)
Nathan (nephew)
Marsha (family friend)
GranMary (David's mom)
Papaw Les (David's dad)
Barry (David's brother)
Deborah (Barry's wife)
Michael (David's brother)
Serena (friend)
Mikel (Serena's hubby)
Avery (Serena & Mikel's daughter, I babysit her)
Aiden (Serena & Mikel's son)

So it looks like we had about 22 people there. Just the right amount for a good party!

The morning started early for me. I got up and put the turkey in the oven around 5am, then went back to bed for a while. I didn't get to sleep long, though, there was too much to do! I made baked sweet potatoes with pecans, green beans, mashed potatoes, pecan pie, rolls, turkey, ham and a couple of pies. My mom made the dressing and Allison brought a broccoli casserole. It all turned out great and I think everyone had a good time. We all ate til we were stuffed, then we played Battle of the Sexes and Trivial Pursuit. I LOVE the holidays! We never seem to play board games except at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love board games, too! Maybe one of my resolutions for the new year is to get my family to PLAY more...

Everyone headed home at about dark. I think we were all just worn out. I felt so good about the whole day. There's nothing better than being together with the family, and it's even better when we can be with both families (David's and mine) at one time. I am so grateful for all that I have. I have a great family, on both sides, I have a husband who provides for us so that I can stay home and raise our kids, I have two wild and crazy kids that I love more than anything. I couldn't ask for much more. Life is good.

I only got a couple of pictures that day. I was too busy to stop and take pics!

0 comments: