Searcy Jr. Miss pageant

Sunday, November 18, 2007
My sister won a scholarship! Let's just say, she was AWESOME! She won the "Best Talent" award. I would've probably protested if she hadn't! She sang the song "Popular" from Wicked: The Musical. It was great! Personally I think she should've won the whole pageant, but there were some pretty tough contestants up there.

Overall I thought Alyssa conducted herself with poise and grace. She looked beautiful, and she sang like an angel, or maybe a witch! (Galinda, of course!) I had at least four people come up to me after the show and tell me that she nailed her song dead on. I have to say, I agree. I've seen Wicked two times, and I thought Alyssa could've probably held her own with Kristin Chenowith.

Here are some pics from the big day! Keep in mind, I had been to a Razorback football game, and had to rush home and dress for the pageant in less than 20 minutes, hence the REALLY bad hair!


Alyssa and Chris


Me, Alyssa & Jason



Nathan, Allison, Alyssa and Jason


Papaw, Katie, Alyssa, Nana and Reese


Alyssa with her scholarship certificate

0 comments: