D.C. or BUST!

Wednesday, March 7, 2007
Hooray! We're actually going to get a little vacation this year! We are planning to go stay five nights in Washington DC with David during Spring Break. He's been working up there for a while and thought it would be fun for us to come stay. My mom and my baby sister are going with us, so it should be a lot of fun.

This will be our third trip to DC, but we still haven't seen everything I would like to see. I thought I would start making a list here of the things I want to do so that I won't forget them all! Here's the first one! I think Katie would love it, and I've always wanted to see the National Cathedral.

The Gargoyle's Den
Location: Washington National Cathedral
Address: 3101 Wisconsin Ave., NWWashington, DC
WebSite for more information:
http://www.nationalcathedral.org
Event Date(s):
03/03/2007 11:00 AM - 04/28/2007 02:00 PM


Description:
A fun, friendly place for families to pat a gargoyle, try stone carving, and make a gargoyle to take home. Explore stained glass, mosaics, and Cathedral construction. Ages 6–12. Open Saturdays.


This is also something we want to see. Somehow we've missed Arlington National Cemetery on both of our other trips.

Arlington National Cemetery

Address: Arlington VA 22211
Metro Stop: Arlington Cemetery
Phone: 703-607-8000
Web:
arlingtoncemetery.org
Description: Arlington National Cemetery, our nations most treasured burial ground, is home to more than 285,000 honored dead. Among the thousands of white headstones are the graves of President John F. Kennedy, Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, world champion boxer Joe Louis and the Tomb of the Unknowns. Open daily 8 am - 5 pm (to 7 pm Apr-Sept.). Free Admission...

0 comments: