Diamonds are a girl's best friend, unless they're buried in the dirt!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008
You know, it seems like we stayed in the road all summer. This is the first summer that we have totally enjoyed in a LONG time!

Mid July we went to Murfeesboro, AR, to dig for diamonds at the Crater of Diamonds State Park.

My brother, Jason, and his wife, Allison, came down with their camper and my two nephews, Caleb and Nathan.

My mom and daddy brought their camper down, too. We stayed with them since we don't own a camper trailer.

It was HOT! I don't mean 87 degrees hot, I mean 110 degrees in the sun! We all went out to dig for diamonds in the diamond field, but let me tell you, it was MISERABLE!

We didn't have any luck finding a diamond, but a nine year old boy found a 2.75 carat brown diamond while we were there. He named it the Brown Eyed Beauty. I think I want to borrow Amy's four boys and take them with me next time. It seems like little boys have a talent for finding the diamonds just lying on top of the ground!

Nathan, pictured above, is usually our little dirt bug. Everyone was making bets that he would be the one to bring in the big one, but it was too hot for even him to stand it for very long...

The park had a WONDERFUL swimming area. There were three big slides and a huge play structure in the middle of the pool. The deepest part of the pool was 42" deep, so I could just kind of let Katie run wild. Reese loved the fountains in the floor of the shallow end. She liked to back her booty up to it and let the water hit her in the butt. It was funny.

We had to head home after only two days there, but we had a great time. Can't wait to do it again, but maybe in November this time!

0 comments: